TheNikonZ 400mm f/4.5 VR S is a super telephoto lens in the S line with a fixed focal length of 400mm. Hit the streets and enjoy the best image quality and a range of super-telephoto lenses in a lightweight, easy-to-carry body.
No matter what you're shooting, the super telephotoNikonZ 400mm f/4.5 VR S captures every image in stunning detail. The super telephoto lens is very handy, weighing just 1,246g and, with an overall length of just 234.5mm, it's easy to transport.
The center of gravity ofNikonZ 400mm F/4.5 VR S is closer to the camera body, thus creating an optimal balance. Feel free to move, the weight distribution makes it easy to follow, go and stop. The impressive optical VR ofNikonfacilitates freehand shooting.
For both stills and video, the lens offers razor-sharp resolution, clear contrast and brilliant colours. The f/4.5 maximum aperture allows for creative use of shutter speeds and depth of field. Images are always sharp, even when shooting wide open. Silent focus, focus breath suppression and smooth aperture control make this lens ideal not only for photography but also for video recording.
TheNikonZ 400mm F/4.5 VR S is easy to use and effortless to operate. The perfectly balanced design ensures comfortable and smooth operation. Various buttons are fully customizable so you can adjust the aim to your liking.
Don't worry about reflections or backlighting. The optical design includes Nano Crystal Coat which reduces ghosting and flare. Super ED, ED and SR lenses combat chromatic aberration from center to edge. Thanks to the weatherproof seal and a rubber gasket, all moving parts are protected from dust, dirt and moisture.
Do you want to photograph even closer? TheNikonThe Z 400mm f/4.5 VR S is compatible with the Z-series 1.4x and 2x lightweight teleconverters. It increases the focal length to 560mm or even 800mm with the same excellent image quality and little extra bulk.
Characteristics of theNikonZ400mm F/4.5 VR S
- Focal point distance: 400mm
- Format: FX
- Maximum aperture: f/4.5
- Minimum aperture: f/32
- Lens structure: 19 elements in 13 groups
- Shortest focus distance (m): 2.5 cm
- Weight: approx. 1245 g (with tripod mount)
- CL-C5 lens case
- HB-105 lens hood
- LC-95B lens cap
- Rear Lens Cap LF-N1
- kind of productsuper telephoto
- Technical characteristics
- lens mountNikonZ
- Compatible with sensor typefull format
- Type of constructionfixed focal
- Image Stabilizeryes / vibration reduction (VR)
- Optical construction (groups/elements)13/19
- Number of diaphragm blades9
- switchesfocus ring, AF/MF
- Target Propertiesintegrated approach
- light intensity4.5
- Focal distance400mm
- Approachesautofocus, manual focus
- circular diaphragmYes
- Reduced Image CircleNo
- maximum magnification1:6.3
- Closest focus distance250cm
- lens typesED Lenses, Super ED Lenses
- minimum opening32
- maximum opening4.5
- CoatingElder brother
- filter diameter95mm
- objective diameter104
- Other features
- Area of applicationanimal photography
- Included Itemstripod, lens cap, lens cap, lens hood, lens bag